How BIG are we:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

What I have learned from my new job

With working at the hospital, it can be very challenging. I have never really thought of myself as a really softy until I had my babies. I watch, read, hear of anything that could be sad and I cry. Most recently, I dont know if you guys have heard or not, but a north Salt Lake police officer died. He was only 30 years old. Him and his wife just had their own set of twin just 4 weeks ago. They just bought a house. They were living the way they should have been. He told his wife recently that "he felt like his life was PERFECT' This man died at our hospital. It breaks my heart to think of what his wife is going though. I Go around room after room, seeing people dying, sick, getting transplants, car accident victims, wounds, things that I never thought I would ever see. But I do. I was telling a patient the other day that I don't know if I would be able to keep myself together if there was ever a disaster in our area. He told me that I would do what I had to to help those people, but I would end up going home and crying, yet being grateful at the same time. and that's what I seem to do lately and their wasn't even a disater. it breaks my heart seeing what I see. I pray for that family that lost their husband, daddy, brother, son, friend. I often wonder how I do this everyday, and I don't know the answer to that. I just know I go home every night to my wonderful husband, my beautiful babies, and I get to see my family again and I am grateful for that. I am grateful for my life and health.
Please pray for those sick and in need. Everyone needs a little prayer.

5 comments:

  1. Funny that you bring this up now. For some reason it has been on my mind lately. It's kind of creepy actually :) Think for some strange reason, I'm worried about my own, and my family's mortality. It's a good thing I dont work in a hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that post! It is always good to keep in mind how fragile life is, it helps you to stay grateful for the things you DO have instead of dwelling on the things you don't. COnsider it a blessing to have that constant reminder :) That would definitley be a hard job though. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kara, life is fragile. That must be a bit depressing to have to deal with work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going private...email me for an invite.

    khowcr2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that great perspective.

    My sister works at IMC as well and she struggles with seeing so many people suffering. She's a physical therapist so she works with lots of older people who have fallen, etc.

    ReplyDelete