How BIG are we:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My new job

so I started my new job last week. It went pretty well. The job is going way easy, cuz I"m used to haveing to work in my little lab ordereding everything and processing it all and resulting and drawing the blood and ordering supplies. The only thing I do here is draw blood. The other differenace too is that I'm running all over the hospital. you see things that you have never seen before. It get very intimadating when you walk into a room and the patient is hooked up to all these tubes and have oxygen with big blue tubes and other tubes going who knowes where. It can be very scary. Some patients are out of it and some are not. It will just take some adjustments. The biggest adjustments I think is going to be have to be away from Brian and my babies so much. I hardly every put them to bed anymore. I think they are crancky for Brian cuz they dont see me as much. I feel so gulity and get depressed when I think about all the things I"m missing, but in the end I have to keep reminding myself why I am doing this. I have to do this for my family. I dont really have a choice right now. If I did I would be at home. It will be great I keep telling myself. It's not so bad. It will work out.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you like your new job! I think it will be a lot less on the stress meter for you!! And I know that you miss your family but it will work out for the best! And the girls will get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you like your new job. It sounds like a big adjustment with your "clients".. it's never easy seeing people hooked up to so many things.

    You're a good mom for being willing to work to help provide for your family. It was so hard for me to work but I'm so glad I did.. there's no way we could have qualified for our house if I was a SAHM. And I can't even tell you how thrilled I was that Aubrey was watched by your mom.. she thrived there and it was just wonderful. I seriously cried for two days straight when I stopped working because I was so sad about the whole daycare issue. I never imagined I'd have that problem..

    Anyway, good luck!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job. I can only imagine what you must feel as you see all different kinds of patients, but that can be the plus side too. You are such a strong person...you can do it and you will love it. These sad feelings will hopefully pass sooner rather than later. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kandice, that must be really hard to be away from your girls. I am impressed you are going out to work because I think you are being financially wise and independent. I am sure they will be just fine with Brian and will really enjoy spending time with both their Dad and mom.

    Did you get the sitter thing figured out?

    Glad the new job is less busy and going well. I say it always takes a month or so to get used to something new so give it a little time and things will be a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a good mom to know that sometimes that is the only option. It is hard to work but sometimes it needs to be done. At least you like your job right?! :)

    ReplyDelete