How BIG are we:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MICE PROBLEM

Does anyone else in our neighborhood have a mice problem or is it just the three of us connected?
I was watching Phoenix one night and heard mice running in their ceiling, I guess next to Keira, she saw a mouse in her house and I have one in my garage. ugh..... what a pain. I have heard peppermint oil and alcohol will help them go away so I'm trying this first before traps. I was in our garage last night and totally starting freaking out cuz I could heard rustling around in the dog bones. It freaked me out. I went and got Brian out of bed. Do you think he cared???? NO!!!! Me in the mean time went back into the garage but would not go without one of the dog (it's not like they would do anything, but at least I wasn't along) geez.
Anyone have any other suggestions, I'm way up for them.

4 comments:

  1. We caught a bunch when we lived there. 10 - 12 each year. It got better once our basement was finished though.

    I felt sad for the mice, but I didn't want their germs in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have also caught many mice... like a lot. I would much rather kill them then have them living anywhere near me. We use traps that keep the poison and the dead mouse in the trap, then you just dump the body. I didn't want any chance of our dog or any kids getting the poison or getting snapped by a trap.

    We also don't have any open dog food or dog treats outside or in our garage. Everything is in air tight bins or containers. I defiantly wasn't going to contribute to feeding the mice. Although, they did start to eat my garden. Which really made me mad.
    So I pulled it all out.

    I've noticed that as soon as it starts to get colder and through the Winter is when it is bad. So I guess it's about time for Michael to start mouse hunting again :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever seen any, but my neighbor, Carrie, said she saw one in her garage, and in her backyard. Today, I heard one in our ceiling, and it really grossed me out! I am going to get some traps today. I can't stand mice! They're so dirty, and it really scares me to think one could get in my house.

    ReplyDelete