How BIG are we:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

crazy night

so for those of you that didn't hear , we had SWAT team at our house last night. Call it a crazy night I guess. At about 10:30 last night, the Gang metro unit stopped by asking my about my neighbors and a certain guy they were looking for. I told them what I know-which was not much- and the just told me to keep an eye out for him. First of all Brian was gone to basketball at the Stake at this time, so I dont normally open the door that late, but I could tell they were cops. so Brian gets home and asks what's going on. I tell him who stopped by and he says there is like 5 cop cars outside our house, this was about 11:30. We are getting ready for bed, Brian is going to hop in the shower and the door rings again. It's about 5 minutes to midnight now. The Sheriff is asking me who all lives in our house. I tell him. He says it would be best if we leave. At first I though, well can I just go to the neighbors house. He says that's fine, but then Brian and I decide it would be best to go to my mom's cuz who knows how long this is going to take. Not even 5 minutes later as we are getting the babies in their car seats, the door rings again, now they want to look up in our attic. They want to know if their is a possibility that someone could hop house to house in the attic, so we have 3 SWAT team guys with all their guns and all walk upstairs and climb into our attic and sit up there. The Sheriff asks us to leave now. He asks us if they can use our house to surround the guy in more. What can I say to that? When we left their was about 20 cop cars outside our house. so I guess at about 2 am they evacuated the rest of the street to our clubhouse and it was all over by 4 am.
I came home to alot of our stuff to one side of the house- not sure the reason for that- other than that, just two scared dogs that wont leave my side now. I think they think they let us down some how.
Apparently , their was a known Gang member in the next doors neighbors house. He is a wanted fugitive. The Gang unit thought that he had several guns on him upstairs and that is way SWAT team was here. Apparently he didn't though. But they got the guy in the end. Crazy night. Oh on top of that when we got to my moms, the babies decided it was play time and not night time. ugh.....

5 comments:

  1. I've been worried about you so I'm glad to hear you're back home.

    What a crazy night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Glad everything worked out, but that had to be scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a crazy night! I'm so thankful no one was hurt. It sure was scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that on the news! I am glad you guys are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you even kidding me?? I would be FREAKING out! Hope all is well now!

    ReplyDelete