How BIG are we:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

wishes

Something I wish I was good at is crafty items. I see some of my firends and they make their little girls clothes and stuff around their house and Ijust can't do any of that. If I try It doens't turn out very well. I want to learn, but I think I just get so frustrated. If anyone has any easy ideas on how to decorate or do anything, 'm up for them .
I also wish I had more patience with my girls. Some days i feel like I'm loosing it. I get so frustrated with them and all they want is a cup of milk.  Or Bucky or just to sit on the potty. lol
I also wish I had more time and energy. My hosue get to be such areck. I feel like I never get anything done. I made the comment once that I wish I had a magical wand like from harry potter to help me put things back into place and get my dishes and laundry done. one day my housewill look the way I want it to. :-)
I also wish that I didn't have to be away from my girls so much. I breaks my heart that I have to leave every morning and they cry cuz all they want is mommy to stay home and play with them.
I also wish that when I was at work that it was a bit more enjoyable. Work can be so stressful and it would be so much more bearable to leave my girls if I had some place I enjoyed going to more. dont get me wrong. I'm graitful I have a job and i do like it over all.
I also wish I had more room in my house. I"m ready to move on and find something bigger, but Ijust dont see that happening.
I also wish that My dogs were a big more traned. lol
I wish I had better dinner ideas. I get so sick of the same old thing. any ideas????
I also wish that I had time to read a good book. lol
I also wish my girls would fall asleep in their bed and not on the floor right next to the door cuz they want out.
I also wish that I had more realiable babysitters every day. My dad didn't show up until almost 10:30 today. Thank good ness for nice neighbors to help me with the girls so I could get to work. One day I hope it does not have to be that way.
I also wish that I had the car that was better ecenomical for us.
I wish that Brian and I had more time and money to spend on US!!!! We need together time and we just can't seem to get it.
I wish I could go on a big vacation and get away from the dirty house, work, laundry, dogs, etc. one day:-)

I"m not trying to complain I'm just wishing upon a star is all. I'm graitful for all I have. For my job, my life, my husband. my beauitful girls, my babysitters, everythings. I just want thigns to be better is all.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Start small. Invest in a book, or project guide (Michael's has a bunch of good ones) for something relatively simple, like painting napkin rings. Give yourself plenty of time to work on it, and, most importantly, give yourself permission to mess up. Once you're more comfortable with the idea of crafting, it's easier to build your skill set. Don't expect to be Martha Stewart overnight.

    2. Cut yourself some slack--wanting to throw your kids out the window is normal, actually doing it is what's not normal.

    3. Set an egg timer for 10 minutes, every hour or so, and just do 10 minutes of cleaning. This works, 'cause a) it's not overwhelming (I'm now going to clean EVERYTHING is too hard), and b) when there's a time limit, it's easier to motivate yourself--"I CAN finish loading the dishwasher in 3 minutes!"

    4. Focus on the positives that come out of having a mother who works: many adult children of working moms report (according to a study I now can't remember the name of) increased self confidence and independence, as well as a greater appreciation of women, and gender equality.

    5. Cultivating friendships at work really helps.

    6. We're dealing with this issue right now. Redecorating, and reorganizing, with an eye to maximizing space has really made a big difference. From multi-purpose shelves, to adding more furniture to the living room (same amount of space, but more actual "living" space), to under bed storage, the little things add up.

    7. Sandra Lee's semi-homemade slow cooker cookbooks (there are two of them) are awesome. I LOVE my crock pot; I use it all the time. It's awesome to be able to toss in food, leave it for the day, and come home to an actual DINNER. Plus, it's economical, 'cause you can use MUCH cheaper cuts of meat and they come out tasting fabulous. I'm a big fan of Lee's cookbooks, because, by and large, they help you make very economical meals.

    8. The BEST source of babysitters is colleges/universities with early childhood education/child psychology/child development/marriage and family departments. Often, these curricula require classes that involve watching, and interacting with, small children. You can get some very reliable babysitters, often for either a) very little money or b) no money at all. A lot of college kids are willing to babysit in exchange for other stuff--a good evaluation, if it's for a course, food, or help with other life skills type things (e.g. laundry).

    9. Put away 10 dollars a week in a coffee can, or other receptacle. Decide that it's vacation money, and you can't touch it for any other purpose. Think of it as like an emergency fund, except this one's for your mental sanity. It's surprising how quickly you can save up a good amount of money.

    10. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's entirely OK to ask for help. If your house is just out-of-control messy, ask your friends over for a "help me clean my house potluck", and spend the day cleaning, doing laundry, etc. and then eating and having a few mocktails. People are usually MUCH more willing to help than we give them credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wishes do sound nice. I'm sorry you are having a hard time! Ali missed you today, but she stopped crying soon after you left. They love their mommy!
    Jimmy and I spent most of Saturday cleaning our house, and by Saturday night, it was messy again :) That's just what a house with kids looks like I guess. I need to get use to it.
    I hope things gets better too, and that your wishes can become a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a new Mommy of twins I can somewhat feel your pain. It's good to know I'm not the only Mom with a house that is a total mess. Your a good person though Kandice. Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete